OXIPRO partner Marco Fraaije (RUG) recently took part in the Netherlands Biotechnology Congress, held on 4 October 2022 at the Corpus Congress Centre in Leiden. In a full programme of keynotes, plenaries and parallel sessions, Marco chaired a session on food, which looked at biotech solutions currently underway to address global challenges, among other research foci.
The programme and abstracts are available here and include the following abstracts co-authored by Marco and his team:
- Biorreduction of α,β,γ,δ-unsaturated ketones by marine-derived fungus Penicillium citrinum CBMAI 1186
- Towards a toolbox of oxydative enzymes for the bioconversion of phenolicand alcoholic compounds
- Discovery and engineering of Flavin‐containing oxidase for valorization of plant biomass
- Investigating the mechanisms of enzyme diffusion using mass photometry
- Structure elucidation and characterization of patulin synthase, insights into the formation of a fungal mycotoxi
- Flavin‐tag: a facile method for labeling proteins with a flavin fluorophore